We are seeking a Production Archivist to support our Book Publishing Services department, performing the critical role of safeguarding and enhancing the digital archive that is at the heart of our publishing business. A self-starter, with a knack for process improvement and workflow management, you’ll enjoy working with relative autonomy, but you’ll also be an excellent team player who can work collaboratively where required. You’ll be someone who’s not afraid to put forward fresh ideas to improve our workflows and a commercial, business-focussed mindset.
What you’ll be doing:
- Taking responsibility for our relevant shared mailboxes, managing requests for content access, retrieval, conversion or enhancement and following up as appropriate
- Monitoring files being ingested into the archive to preserve its integrity
- Working to rectify file issues, enhance content or create spin off assets - either by working directly on files or working with conversion partners to convert files in bulk
- Sorting and batching files acquired in acquisitions
- Distributing files to third parties such as printers, websites or conversion partners on request
- Liaising with third parties to fix issues with files sent to them
- Other roles in support of the wider Publishing Services team as required
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent attention to detail
- An appreciation of the importance of good customer service skills, ideally with some previous experience in a customer facing role
- The ability to multi-task
- A keen problem-solver, with an inventive and analytical mind
- A commercial mindset
A knowledge of the publishing industry would be beneficial, but this is not essential as full training will be provided.
This position is based at our office in Milton Park, Oxfordshire.
In return we offer: 25 days holiday per annum, a comprehensive benefits package and company pension scheme.
The Company - Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Taylor & Francis Group partners with researchers, scholarly societies, universities and libraries worldwide to bring knowledge to life. As one of the world’s leading publishers of scholarly journals, books, ebooks and reference works our content spans all areas of Humanities, Social Sciences, Behavioural Sciences, Science and Technology.
From our network of offices in Oxfordshire, New York, Philadelphia, Boca Raton, Boston, Melbourne, Singapore, Beijing, Tokyo, Malaysia, Stockholm, New Delhi and Johannesburg, Taylor & Francis staff provide local expertise and support to our editors, societies and authors and tailored, efficient customer service to our library colleagues.
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities in the UK please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.